Sunday, October 22, 2006

Turning Circles.



I am Not at the boat Yet Again, and I’m trying not to think I’m going to explode. I suppose maybe just life is getting in the way but I get disgruntled enough that progress is too slow even without these weekends off. Like I’m neglecting care of my soul.

So what’s to report whilst without the big steel thing that stole my heart? Well, we scored this fancy looking (and extremely weighty) cast iron spiral staircase. Becky reckons it may have been originally used in a theatre as the treads are significantly narrower and risers steeper than most domestic examples. Regardless, it was cast in Borough, SE1, is beautiful, and is in pretty good nick; also didn’t cost us a bean. That’s possibly the best bit of it really.
It’s destined for access between the wheelhouse cabin and forward accommodation below, where it will probably take up far too much room and be another thing to bang my head on but I don’t care because I’ve always wanted to live somewhere that has a spiral staircase. Isn’t it great being like this? No floors yet, bits of the hull still missing at stern, a hundred more practical things to worry about, and here I am dreaming about twisted stairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home