Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Is Mechanical Dexterity Hereditary?





An interesting question. Ponder this, I sometimes wonder how much I inherited my Father’s ability with making things- he’s certainly always encouraged my interest in and devotions to tinkering with anything vaguely machine based.
I reckon certain Dads just have a certain way about them.
Anyhow, Natasha is one of Robin’s two daughters, and she recently took part in a ‘go to work with your dad’ event through school. Robin said he was proud and slightly taken aback by her keenness to go along with him, you can imagine her exchanges with mates at school ‘er- so you’re going to work with your dad then? What’s he do then? My pa’s an IT consultant…’ I’m told that she relished seeing Wendy Ann and I wish I’d not had to work myself that day else I would have made sure I was there to meet her and show her around. Here’s the pictures of her in action (thanks Robin), you can tell she really enjoyed the experience- it’s radiating from that beaming smile she’s throwing us whilst sat in that there crane, which is patently Not part of ms Ann. The Daddys working week comprises of much more than little us.
So there it is, maybe (hehe) I’ve proved that steel really does get into your blood, and that we pass it on.