Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Say Hello to my Little Friend.


It seems, momentarily at least- that I’ve finally learnt my lesson. Behold, here is a tool which is versatile, costs less than twenty quid, and dammit you can actually hold it usefully overhead for six hours straight no nonsense bashy bashy. It’s just proved itself a fierce treat on that crappy old paint in the bosun’s store. It’s not quite as thorough as the needleguns that we’re so fond of hiring, but it definitely packs a hell of a punch- so much so that with a new chisel fitted it leaves quite serious marks in the steel of Wendy herself. Things are a little less severe, but just as much fun, when the chisel’s worn in a bit. It’s really, really great for giving heavy localised scale the good news too.
The best thing from a users perspective has to be the nice, domestically light hose that feeds it, none of that 1”inside bore yellow hell hose dragging you down (needleguns again) for this puppy, oh no. The only bummers are the noise, yep it’s deafening, I said DEAFENING. And the discovery that overenthusiastic use leads to retaining spring snappage, although I foresaw this and cunningly bought six replacements, haha.
Yes, this device has so impressed me that I’m gonna buy another one. Paul’s compressor has twin outlets and I’m not afraid to use them. Let me at it.