Friday, January 08, 2010

This is not a dead dog.

There has been a protracted radio silence on my part recently. I apologise to anyone who is expecting exciting updates on progress because this is not it, I must regrettably report that for one reason and another the big project is effectively mothballed at the moment. I can only hope the old girl is all right on her own for now.

Over the last couple of days I’ve wrangled long and hard with trying to find the right words to explain what we’re going through, and there are three much longer efforts at this post in my notebook, which is now a bit of a mess. In the end I’ve decided that there are some things I just don’t want to air in public, which is simpler all around.

So for anyone who thought it was looking too easy; here, between the lines, is the proof that in the end boats really can break people. Believe me it hurts, but I've got to put the past year behind me.

Reading this back I realise this may scan to an uninformed reader very much like the end.
I’d like to state categorically that it isn’t. We’ve just needed a little time to attend to some important aspects of being human beings, that’s all. I absolutely promise we will be back in full effect before too long.

I’d like to say a big huge Thank You to all readers who have left comments on this blog, well, since always- but particularly recently. It’s really good to know that out there some people are rooting for us, and I’m quite sorry I’ve not been able to respond properly. Your encouragement, feedback and even criticism is massively valued.

10 Comments:

Blogger bowiechick said...

"the proof that in the end boats really can break people."

I know of this phenomena. Intimately. In fact I could write a whole other blog about *that*!

At any rate, hugs to you both.

5:34 pm  
Anonymous snowbiker said...

Good luck regrouping! You know whatever you say we'll still keep crossing our fingers and checking for updates just in case. Like with Tana's blog! :)

4:01 am  
Anonymous AcquaAlta said...

Well I for one, who have only just very recently come across your "diary", am rooting for you both and for what by all accounts seems to have been your long standing dream. I sincerely hope it has not become a nightmare, and that after a period of reflection - of gathering up your strength again, you will both be back with greater force to pick up where you left off.

Good luck

10:43 am  
Blogger Watergeus said...

There is no use in having a finished ship when you are broken yourself! It is better to wait sometime, then to work against your will. The job won't be done properly and you will not enjoy it. These two things can become a bigger risk to the project!

Take some time to yourself and good luck!

Frederic
MS Watergeus

9:39 am  
Blogger Loz 'n' Moz said...

Hi, basically the same as everyone else says, and good luck. It will all look better when the sun comes back.

9:00 pm  
Blogger MFV Pansy said...

Have watched/read/enjoyed/envied and learnt from early days. I feel the pain. My restoration is a 50', 70 year old wooden zulu, bought with a mate and suffering the inevitable breakdown in communications at the minute. It happens. Told my self fuck it, its only a boat, it'll get done when it gets done and then got wasted for a bit. helped no end!! drop by and have a giggle - bf494.co.uk

3:16 pm  
Blogger rob said...

You have achieved a fantastic amount in a very short time and it really was only a matter of time before some small cracks would show! So spend some time on the things in life that you both want to enjoy and then re think the boat when the sun appears. Wishing you both the very best of luck in the future! :o))

5:16 pm  
Blogger Sweetpea in France said...

Listen to your worldly friends. Take time out to do what you have to do and try an Italian... AcquaAlta gives some great tips on Risotto!
Madre xxx

10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we wait with bated breath and everything crossed for you,regards the patrol boat boys.

8:17 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

burberry outlet online
ed hardy clothing
oakley sunglasses
kate spade
supra sneakers
coach outlet online
abercrombie & fitch
louis vuitton handbags
polo ralph lauren outlet
beats headphones
rolex watches
asics running shoes
jordan shoes
tory burch sale
jordan 4
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
retro jordans
jordan 8
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
coach factorty outlet
christian louboutin sale
toms
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet online
designer handbags
beats wireless headphones
toms shoes
true religion jeans
louis vuitton
true religion jeans
coach outlet
jordan 4 toro
jordan retro 3
jordan 6
celine
20164.12wengdongdong

8:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home