Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sick.




I’ve had a heavy cold, or as Becky kindly puts it ‘man flu’. I spent the weekend feeling like poo. Slept all the way to Southampton and all the way back. For a couple of hours in between I gawped inaccurately at bits of the boat, then I spent a lot of Sunday and Monday sleeping too.
Now I feel much better but have done two days off work to get here, so yesterday I called in, slept for another hour, got up and made this- a scale model of that staircase. This has been properly bugging me all Christmas, I keep getting a nagging feeling that it’s too big for the damn boat and I can’t see how it’s going to fit so thought I’d try out the confusing maths; then I gave up and made the model. My conclusion? Yes, it’s too big, but I Think I can make it work if the planned site of the bathroom moves. This is a Really BIG DEAL. Up till now we’d always planned to have the forward compartment containing both galley and bathroom, and suddenly in the blink of an eye the realisation has dawned that maybe it’d be better off aft of the bulkhead. Botheration. For ages I’ve harboured the fantasy of a huge empty engine room as living room but am reluctantly forced to accept that I’m being completely impractical. There are other layout factors that help this decision along, like headroom, which is good enough for a decent hardcore shower on the engine room side. Also, annoyingly, I can see this new plan quite clearly in the old minds eye. Damn. I suppose I should reserve the final judgement until Saturday when I’m with the real Wendy again before drawing some more plans.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Apparently the viral thing is epidemic ~ hope you're feeling better soon. I like the model concept...can't wait to see what you end up with there. J

10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home