Tuesday, April 24, 2007

That’s my girl.



Recently there have been loads of developments at Wendy Ann, by dint of extremely hard work over the last month from all of us. And yes, tomorrow morning the first coat of proper epoxy paint will finally be applied to the interior of both the forepeak and forward accommodation/galley by Steve Woolcroft and the boys from SBS. I am far, far too knackered to expand upon this right now; we’re still recovering from twentynine hours work last weekend, finishing at ten to midnight on Sunday. But I’ll fill y’all in soon I promise, for now though our day jobs are suitably relentless too but hey-ho. And tomorrow night we’ve got to jump in the car, drive down there and inspect the painters progress after we finish work. Because it’s about two grands worth of job, that paint, so we’ll be checking up before they get too far in, sleep or no.
In the meantime here’s a couple of cool pics that I took of my absolute superstar missus in action with Robin whilst welding in the replacement vent tubes forward of the bridge last Saturday evening.
I’ve always thought that my efforts at writing merely convey one side of a much bigger story, our vessel is a reasonably large project and there’s a distinct team of us undertaking this frankly potty rebuilding task. I started writing this blog because I have a yen for words, and at the start of it had been persuaded (by mister Lady Jane) that beginning to journal my experience might be a good idea for all sorts of reasons- many of which are deeply personal. I always really try not to put things on paper (or screen, or whatever) with disregard for Becky’s side of it all and the fact is that almost all of what I’m doing to Wendy Ann could not even be attempted without B, she’s an amazing woman whom I feel privileged to love, and she works so hard to smooth the way for the work to take place; and gets stuck in with such tenacity that I feel I should run to keep up most of the time. On the other hand I do a lot of that nasty industrial power tooling so it’s a good balance I guess. And then there’s the enormously valued input of Robin to take into consideration too, it might be as much his labour of love as it is ours. I suppose he gets paid and we don’t, but money isn’t everything.
So now the possibility has dawned on me that I might expand The Voyage of Wendy Ann 2 to allow B (and maybe others) to declare their own sides of this long and demanding utterly life changing experience. Yes, I’m looking into ways of turning the blog into a group effort; I reckon it might fill in some of the gaps to describe a more complete picture. So give us a chance eh, and soon you might be able to read B’s own story alongside mine.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just so proud of you both - no one ever gets anywhere without hard work and no one can ever argue that against the pair of you and all your team. This chapter of your story brings tears to my eyes because you are a brilliant writer and nearly always manage to convey your thoughts and feelings in a succinct and interesting written style. Also how wonderful it is to read such a strong and loving commendation for Becky - she sure does deserve it - and so do you Sebs. All my love. Mumsie x

5:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say, behind every good man etc etc, and I think it would be brilliant if the blog could include your thoughts as well Becks.

Well done the pair of you.

Pa

7:11 pm  
Blogger Kid sis F said...

Hello B and Seba,

Well done on both your efforts and your team along side you.

Although faraway in depths of Norfolk, i think of you both often and am learning to keep up with reading your amazing stories.

Only wishing Southhampton was closer or Norwich was nearer to be ale to give some of mine and Micks energies into seeing your dream come into being.

Again well done with big love hugs and kisses.

Kid Sis Felicityxxx

2:57 pm  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, hollister uk, nike roshe, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, true religion, coach outlet store online, lacoste pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, air max, kate spade outlet, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, north face, vans pas cher, longchamp, michael kors canada, true religion outlet, michael kors uk, new balance pas cher, coach purses, sac vanessa bruno, coach outlet, mulberry uk, longchamp pas cher, nike roshe run, ray ban uk, converse pas cher, ray ban pas cher, hermes pas cher, guess pas cher, north face pas cher, tn pas cher, nike free pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, replica handbags, nike free, scarpe hogan, air max pas cher, burberry pas cher, michael kors outlet online, hollister, nike air force, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, louboutin, true religion outlet, air jordan, lululemon outlet online, timberland pas cher

3:48 am  
Blogger 85 said...

jeje0614ralph lauren outlet
ray ban eyeglasses
skechers outlet
adidas superstar
supreme outlet
fitflops
kate spade outlet online
louboutin outlet
polo pas chère
moncler outlet

5:05 am  
Blogger zzyytt said...

kyrie 4
james harden shoes
yeezy shoes
nike polo
yeezy boost 350 v2
fila online shop
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors handbags
jimmy choo
yeezy shoes

8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home