Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Me and my Da.



Dearly.
When I was quite small my parents split, acrimoniously as many do, and my father buggered off to Ireland with someone. I remember missing him terribly and learning a taste for anger at the separation which was to endure through and impact upon my entire life thus far.

Some of the best memories of my childhood relate to my month long summer visiting rights spent with him and my sister in Donegal while I was still quite small. The experiences left a lasting impression upon me.

Now that I too am apparently grown, I’m lucky that my relationship with my father is close and strong. We are very different, but I know that despite years of separation I have become very much my father’s son. And I love him.
Thankyou Da.


The first chunk of this clip is in Gaelic, live through it and you shall be rewarded with magic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicity said...

Nice. I do have one photo of us on the beach. You holding a fish. A sunny happy day. You were destined to be by the sea. Sailor Seb.

Steward and Patteson were Norwich brewers.

See you soon Love Felicity xxx

9:19 pm  
Blogger magpie said...

I have just spent the last day and a bit reading your adventures, trials and tribulations with Wendy and am blown away by what you have achieved. I wish you every luck in realising your dream, you are a truly inspirational pair.

Looking forward to reading the next installments! Wendy looks beautiful and I love that sofa!!

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home