Monday, April 19, 2010

A Kick up the Arse.

Big tings a g’wann. I’ve been down to the boat absolutely loads lately, as B and I are working on something radical which will hopefully bear fruit next week. So it’s been all go with me making regular forays boatways to prepare, either long day trips or overnight stays. I am currently spending a lot of the time wearing a big grin, God I love the springtime. And when I’ve not been doing that we’ve been organising, discussing, ordering stuff. And also I’ve been in the workshop loads ( that thing is turning out to be such a flippin’ godsend) preparing various weird and wonderful timbers, of which more soon. The unexpectedly odd knock on effect of all this is that rather than not having enough time in spite of finding hours, days to graft at boat stuff, so far B and I have instead found ourselves mostly more organised and productive in our regular worklives. This HAS to be good. The only problem now is that I find myself with about five blog entries queuing up to be written, and feel somewhat guilty that I haven’t shared my recent progress and good fortune with de blog. There is a spurious reason for this in that I have a superdooper new phone which seems to have a good camera and therefore I’ve taken photographs of significant moments upon it. But because I have this sort of mindblank trouble with the kind of technology that you don’t have to oil I haven’t yet mastered the art of getting my phone to talk to my computer and hand over the pictures. Maybe I should be less Manly and just read the bloody book that came in the box with it- there’s a thought.
Anyway, it’s all a bit of an excuse really, so on that note please make do with a reasonably abstract pair of pictures to illustrate one of the many things:


It’s the battening which is now lining the cabin and wheelhouse. I should really have tried to get an overall pic as the result of my efforts is quite cool, but since Becky’s camera can’t fit it all in you’ll have to make do with these close ups. Yes. I have found a use for cheap white pine. It dun’t be much, a mere snippet in the long haul that is boat construction, but believe it took two long day trips to complete, and I’m now working on battening out the floor in the cabin which is a steel surface, but not for long. Wendy gave me some gorgeous teak floorboards to play with you see…

Aaaargh.
I’ll do my best to get some more descriptive stuff of goings on up here before midweek, at which point theoretically we’ll be boatbound together for several big days (eek!!). I know that if I don’t get scribbling quick a couple of things I really want to write up will inevitably be lost in the melee and will never get done, which would be a shame.


NB: the above bracketed squeak(!) is an exclamation of excitement, not fear, or anything else. I’m beside myself with anticipation at having my lady join in with me on my other lady again.

Eh?

No hang on, that’s not right is it?

Er… I’m looking forward to Becky coming.

Nudge nudge.
Oh for God’s sake.

3 Comments:

Anonymous SweetpeainFrance said...

HOW WONDERFULLY EXCITING.... now that Spring has arrived, here is the first verse of a song for you to sing to further brighten your day!!! ... you can research the rest!

When the weather is fine you know it's the time
For messin' about on the river
If you take my advice there's nothing so nice
As messin' about on the river
There's big boats and wee boats ands all kinds of craft
Puffers and keel boats and some with no raft
With the wind in your face there's no finer place
Than messin' about on the river

Credits to MESSING ABOUT ON THE RIVER
(Tony Hatch / Les Reed) Josh MacRae - 1962
Danny Kyle - 1998
Love from Madre xxx

3:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good.

That insulation makes all the difference.

3:26 pm  
Blogger bowiechick said...

Ooohhh...aaahhh...oooohHH!

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home