Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Doing Weird things to our Welder.


(Robin, I’m sorry-but I just can’t resist printing this picture, honestly I’m not a bad person, I just have a twisted and inappropriate sense of humour.)
This has to be one of the more testing aspects of working on Wendy Ann, the engine room bilges are notoriously inaccessible toward the stern. What’s going on here is that R is continuing cutting out the plates neatly to our (collectively agreed upon) line, and there are a ton of nasty rivets that he must blow out in order to free said plates. Also we need to keep the frames intact so a large measure of skill and care is involved. All this has to be done whilst wedged upside down wielding gas burning gear inside a series of small boxes. Did I mention there’s still the odd trace of scarily flammable bitumen lurking down there? Nice. When he’s done there’ll be a 6’by18’hole in the bottom of the engine room. Bloody Heck, suddenly this looks like an enormous job, I suppose it is really, silly me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"ay up!!" and G'day to you both, much love Catt and Pretty xxx

8:08 am  
Blogger Condorthecookinginstructor said...

Poor Robin! I thought he was a bag for a moment!

2:23 pm  
Blogger bowiechick said...

Oh my god Seb! That has got to be the limit! Robin is a hell of a guy.

Can I steal this pic and post a link to this post on my blog?

9:03 pm  
Blogger IsmilebecauseIhavenoideawhatsgoingon said...

Of course you can!

10:35 am  
Blogger bowiechick said...

Thanks!

Done and Dusted!

3:13 am  
Blogger Andrew Tognola said...

Hi Seb
Thanks for your comments about my boat the "Strathspey II".My god what you are doing with the "Wendy Ann 2" is jaw dropping stuff ,makes me feel a bit of a lightweight with what you two have taken on .I shall keep a close look at your blog
All the best;Andrew

10:26 pm  
Blogger menna said...

شركة تعقيم وتطهير أبو ظبي
شركات تعقيم ضد كورونا في أبو ظبي

5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home