Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mad People.






Last weekend I was truly humbled by a visit from some good friends, who knew what they were in for as they’ve all been before. In some ways this fact merely confirms their status as complete and utter lunatics, Who in their right mind volunteers for this stuff? Supersam, Marianna, and Jan the man clearly did, and helped celebrate my birthday in the roughest possible style, as we joined forces in order to get the engine room bilges beaten.
With the bottom of the hull around midships still off it has to be done now, but the task involves squeezing into some uncomfortably tight spaces and then switching an angle grinder on. Needless to say this work is extremely tough and very, very dangerous. But by the end of Sunday afternoon (and after a monster vacuuming session) the majority of those bilges positively glittered and are the cleanest they are ever going to get.
There’s still a bit more to do in there, but after our combined efforts there’s a hell of a lot less than this time a week ago. Obviously this brings me an enormous sense of relief- and I’m no longer calculating the job to take me two months of weekends on my own. So boys and girl, you’ve made one deranged boatbuilder into a very proud man indeed. Thankyou, from the very bottom of my heart.
- oh, and that barbeque outside the shed on saturday night was the most fun I've had for ages, nice one!

1 Comments:

Blogger bowiechick said...

You people are far and away more crazy than us.

I actually didn't think that was possible but I am never one to admit when I am wrong.

7:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home