Thursday, April 24, 2008

Skin Grows Back.


A salutory warning. When cutting metal, the stuff gets a bit hot. I WAS wearing my safety specs (before my mum starts making a fuss), and I'm glad I was- otherwise I'd possibly have lost the sight in my left eye by now. Actually I was chipping away just after cutting when this lump of red hot steel flew up and rudely embedded itself in me, and there was a delicious smell as of frying bacon as I swatted frantically at my face to dislodge the thing. Burnt so deep I still cannot feel it. Damn, and there I was only the night before smugly congratulating myself that I had not managed to maim, bludgeon or otherwise nearly kill myself for some time now. You know what they say about pride and all that. Hey ho, at least it'll be an interesting-if slightly odd-scar, I mean, for christ sake the sodding thing's teardrop shaped innit!? Great, now the whole world will look at me and be able to see how I feel about boat building.

Thanks to Jamie and Catt for the inspiration behind the todays title.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I know I've been aworrying before opening up your blog... and then I see you and oh dear!! I AM sure you had the safety stuff on... and I hope it gets better soon... Use some Boots lavender gel or better Evening Primrose oil capsules opened up and smeared on. It contains Vitamin E which heals the sking quickly and reduces scars! Don't you go spoiling your good looks! Madre Take care!!!!!!!!!

9:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

skin not sking .... please edit for me

9:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, a reminder to us all.

As you say, it could so easily have been worse.

Take care.

Tim

9:06 am  
Blogger bowiechick said...

Love the crack about your Mum. Mine would have said the same thing too. She's just doing her job!

I had a smooth move a few months ago and almost lost my left eye with the business end of the pike pole. Very lucky indeed that I only badly scratched it as could have very well lost the eyeball.

Mind you I would have looked like javascript:void(0)
Publish Your Commenta real pirate then I guess!

11:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad it wasn't worse! we, ironically, found this post checking our 'soon to be published' new website as we have a link to your adventures...
take care of each other, much love and big hugs,
Catt, Jamie and the 'Squeak!' XXXX

12:30 pm  
Blogger rob said...

Looks like you would make an ideal candidate for Pierot at the covent garden festival. keep an eye on that wound even though you can`t feel it, it will turn ugly quickly so get hold of some AB cream, if you can. It could have been worse Tim, it could have been Me or Thee!

6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home