Monday, June 30, 2008

Can’t fit it all in.


The following photographs completely fail to capture the scale of what’s happened to Wendy Ann. I need a wider lens/camera that is not also a telephone. When I went for a look yesterday I walked into the tent and just stood there slack-jawed for a long moment, then Tim Zim stuck his head in and we both stood there gawping a bit longer.


The first coats of paint are ON the hull! As you can see she’s a sort of fetching two-tone scheme at the moment, I wish I’d seen her on Friday when she apparently turned blue all over after the first coat… Anyway, the shiny black stuff you can see covering our boat below the (generous) waterline now is the much coveted high build epoxy, interzone 954. God only knows where Steve managed to get it from but I’m very happy to see it applied to our pride and joy where it counts.


She’s been flash blasted, so a layer of coarse black grit covers absolutely everything except the hull, and the floor of the tent looked like a volcanic beach before I started laboriously sweeping up into piles yesterday. Today B and I intend to scream round work at 100 miles per hour, then run away to Southampton for the evening and get all of it barrowed out into a skip. Ooh. Romantic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey seb,

we've never met, but sleepy told me you were interested in my friends artwork. (she makes stuff from recycled old-school farm equipment.)

http://www.sandrawebberking.com

enjoy! and congrats on a (nearly?) sea-worthy boat!

tank

(PS: she made a really cool bike rack once too: http://www.tankgreen.com/gfx/sandrawebberkingdotcom.jpg)

3:50 pm  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh my. Oh WOW. What an incredible lot of work you have accomplished there. You so deserved that day off on Saturday. Cheers!

7:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW and WHOOPEE AND AINT SHE MERVEILLEUSE.
Are you on course for the end of July?
Madre xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10:37 pm  
Blogger bowiechick said...

OOOHH, Seb and Becky can you not just FEEL the LOVE?

I have been a bit out of the loop with all our chaos and finally catching up on your last posts. I understand your frustrations but you've come so long and it looks fantastic!

I am very happy for you both. Such a great milestone you've reached.

Well done. And as that little fishy said, "just keep swimming..."

7:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Seb, well here is a call fro the past: Is Till from Germany :0)
Just spoke to Kev on skype!And he gave me your blog! I love what you did to wenyann2, I t think it´s great that u life a dream!
Hope to hear from u

email:
till-hamburg@gmx.de

Take care!

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home